Complete restoration of wood windows
- Sashes are removed from opening and are restored in the shop.
- Window opening is stripped of paint and repaired.
- All paint is removed, missing or damaged muntins and window parts are re-milled to match existing profiles.
- All glass is removed, broken glass is replaced with salvaged handblown glass or restoration style glass.
- Pulleys and hardware are removed and refinished.
- Trim elements such as parting beads and window stops are re-milled to match existing profiles.
- Restored sashes are primed with oil based primer, glass is bedded and reglazed, repainted inside and out with two coats of high quality enamel paint
- Top and bottom sashes are reinstalled with new chain/rope as well as high quality Silicone bulb weatherstripping and tight fitting pile weatherstripping
For customers with windows in relatively good condition, but who wish to improve the energy efficiency of their home, this package includes:
- touching up the glazing and exterior paint of the wood sashes,
- weatherstripping using silicone compression seals and sliding pile type seals.
- Reconnected weights using new chain
- new parting beads and reused stops where applicable
Trim elements such as exterior casings, sills, and window jambs often deteriorate with lack of maintenance and age. These parts of the window system are integral to its long term performance. WMG will re-mill missing or damaged trim from Spanish cedar. Sills are replaced or repaired using re-claimed and salvaged Old growth Yellow Pine. Rotten wood can often be consolidated using epoxies.
- Double paned glass retrofitting (where sash thickness allows)
- Custom wood storm windows with removable screens/glass
- Low E Storm windows
- Aluminum Triple Track storm windows
- Weatherstripping and energy improvements to doors and windows